As a photographer, I take a lot of pictures. I take pictures of my clients, family and friends. Any occasion really and I am out with my camera. By now I’ve had quite a few maternity photo sessions and as you can imagine I have certain shots in mind which I want to capture during each session. Each client and session is of course so individual and often couples create such beautiful poses that I don’t even need to interfere! I also try and come up with at least one new pose that I haven’t tried before. My clients are so understanding and willing to try my ideas. We often giggle a lot if a pose simply doesn’t work! But when it does then it’s just magic!
Today I would like to share with you my top 7 maternity poses during my maternity photo sessions. I never know exactly which poses I might use as it depends on quite a few factors during the shoot but they are certainly my favourites when the moment suits.
- Expecting mum – hands-on tummy
- Expecting parents – hands-on mummy’s tummy. If older kids are at the session get all hands-on tummy
- Expecting mum full body. Get creative here. Ask mum to look away, look at you, hold bump in a different way. If doing an indoor photo session ask mum to sit on the bed in a couple of different positions and shoot away
- Walking shoot
- Laying down – picture of the bump
- The couple standing – far away shoot and close shot
- Pictures with siblings touching, kissing or hugging bump
If you are currently expecting a baby and would like to chat with me about a maternity photo session please give me a shout! I would love to capture your story and create beautiful memories you will treasure for years to come. I am a maternity photographer in Basingstoke, Hampshire but of course happy to travel further too if required.
Till next time